[Question #78779]: connect verbatim 320G USB storage drive (ubuntu 9.04)

I just bought a verbatim 320G storage drive (USB320) to use as a system backup.  It is factory configured for Vista and MacOS.  I havent managed to get it to connect it yet (I use Ubuntu 9.04 and KDE 4.2 (keep as the backup program) on a Dell studio . It doesnt show up on lsusb command. Is there a linux driver (workaround?).
Where can I find a driver /tips to get this thing to work?  it just sits there flashing blue.
Thanks,
keith