[Question #78782]: Display problem

Hi,
i am new to Ubuntu...

Mine is AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
ram memory of 1.4 GiB

am using
Ubuntu 9.04
Kernel linux 2.6.28-11-generic
GNOME 2.26.1

i have problem with display...
display is like "with out display drivers"
its display is similar to display in Xp with out display drivers installed.

i searched for display drivers but i couldn't find.
 Motherboard is MSI
 display drivers i used in XP are
VIA VT8237R Plus

kindly help me
&
tell me how can my Visual effects to Normal or Extra ?
when i clicked on Normal or Extra, its gives a report like "Desktop effects could not be enabled"
help me in this issue also..

thank you in advance