Re: [Question #78789]: alsa suddenly stopped working (dmix socket disappeared)

Question #78789 on alsa-lib in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-lib/+question/78789

gga posted a new comment:
I am also suffering from this problem ( Kubuntu Edgy ).
At first glance, it does indeed seem related to an application exiting incorrectly (ie. crashing).

Using a different also application, I get:

> grep shmget /tmp/out

shmget(5678293, 384, IPC_CREAT|0660)    = 134873127
shmget(IPC_PRIVATE, 21760, IPC_CREAT|0777) = 1487996561

I don't have access to shmrm, thou, to test if that also fixes it in my
case. What package is that command part of?