[Question #78806]: send and receive greyed out in evolution

New question #78806 on evolution in ubuntu:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+question/78806

Binary package hint: evolution

It worked fine when I put in my first e-mail address but when I added my second one and tried to receive mail it said "error trying to receive mail" but did not specify what the error was. This server requires authentication but there was no place to enter the type of authentication, so maybe that was the trouble. Anyway, after that the send and receive button greyed out and I haven't been able to bring it back up.

ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: i386
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/evolution