[Question #78808]: wireless connection not working

I am totally new to Ubuntu after for ever with Windows, so please bear with me.
I succesfully installed 9.04 last night on my laptop last night. I have a wired and wireless connection. The wired works fine but I can't get the wireless to work. I usually have a blue light that comes on but it's not on. I suspected the drivers, so, I went to Hardware Drivers, scanned the system, found two. Broadcom B43 Legacy wireless driver and software modem. I clicked on activate, the download started but then it stopped with a red no entry sign.
I tried searching on the forum and tried to download and install ndiswrapper but that couldn't be found.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks