Re: [Question #78667]: Black screen after splash before login hardy 8.04

Diven is still having a problem:
Although I have found a workaround, I would like my system to work as
intended. A less experienced user who encountered this problem, may not
be able to find, or be confident implementing this workaround. I would
like to be able to look further into this, but with no error messages
I'm not certain which subsystem is affected.