Re: [Question #78829]: Can't download with idm(internet download manger)

Ahamed proposed the following answer:
I'm afraid, u cant.. Coz, IDM is made for Windows(I think there is one
for Mac too). And you install to linux using wine. The working of
firefox in windows and linux are far different.. IDM checks for the
presence of Web Browsers in a paculiar manner(i donno how).. And thaz y
it cant find firefox in linux.. Why cant u use other download managers
built for linux? And you have a multithreading downloader like IDM named
"Downloadthemall" for linux, that work like and is an addon of firefox-
linux. It works pretty good like IDM... Still if you need to use IDM,
you just rihgt click on the link and select "Copy Link Location" and juz
add to IDM download and press OK... It juz starts downloading it..