Re: [Question #78407]: Identifying Partitions / Can I save my own files in /boot

gadolinio proposed the following answer:
It was with Windows XP. I also did that with Vista in a friend's computer; the idea was to move all the personal documents to another partition because C:\ was nearly full, and I don't remember why I wasn't supponsed to resize the partitions. And I must say that in Vista this is much less clear than in XP, at least for me. The path you see for your documents in not its real path... it's somewhat strange and confusing... It seems like vista doesn't want you to know where files are and modify things. And when I moved the folder, some files still remained in the previous one... Luckily i don't remember much about the issue :P
I risked it because i had feith in that it wouldn't destroy the OS... But if it had, I would be now windows-less, because I bought the computer with windows installed but they didn't give me the CD. If I hapen to need a reinstall, I have to buy it AGAIN. Nice licence M$ created... :S