Re: [Question #78852]: GRUB2 issue

Question #78852 on grub2 in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+question/78852

Larry Jordan proposed the following answer:
     One of the reasons I love to check on this daily is that I learn so many new things....I wasn't aware there WAS a grub2.  Having looked at this and checked for others with an internet search, I found a successful user of it at:
http://gastly.iblogger.org/how-to-install-grub2-on-ubuntu-jaunty/  who gives instruction.  It looks like the only thing different is that you didn't hyphenate all the words and used 'update' instead of 'upgrade' - it maybe should have been "sudo upgrade-from-grub-legacy" instead of "sudo update-from grub-legacy".  According to the 'gastly-iblogger', that worked fine.
     I saw others during the search who said the splash screen was ugly and they wanted to change it.  You might want to try searching for grub2 on the internet if you agree.