[Question #78912]: Supported VNC Servers by Vinagre 2.26.1

New question #78912 on vinagre in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vinagre/+question/78912

Hi,

I'm using Vinagre 2.26.1 on Jaunty to connect to a Windows XP box running TightVNC Server 1.2.9. Seems like Vinagre will only connect if the Windows box is already logged in. When I try to install TightVNC as a service, Vinagre is unable to connect and bring up the Windows login dialog.

I've hunted around for a Vinagre compatibility list without much success. Would like to know if there's an alternative VNC Server I can install on the Windows box that allows me to run it as a service and allow me to log-in to it using Vinagre?

Thanks,
James