Re: [Question #8753]: Really Wrong Screen Resolution

Circa Lucid posted a new comment:
Wow ... and he's an "above average" user??? He should have correctly
posted that he's an above average *Windows* user, aka Linux newb. Not
all Windows skills translate over to the Linux environment. In the same
way that my grandma had a learning curve to conquer on how to use a
mouse and navigate about Windows, a Windows user should be prepared to
invest a sizable amount of time in learning Linux if they choose to step
outside of the easiest Linux offerings, such as those offered by the
major computer manufacturer, ie Dell, HP. I really hope Quatermass
revisits Linux, preferably with a computer offering Linux pre-installed
because, with those guys ... it just works.