Re: [Question #78947]: cannot access cd-rw drive after install of ubuntu

Michael Fletcher requested for more information:
Hi.

Does Ubuntu boot up correctly?

If you insert the original Ubuntu boot disk does it boot correctly?

I suspect that maybey your Windows XP boot disk is no good.  Is it
scratched?  Will you Windows XP boot disk boot in another computer?

Did you have to change any BIOS options to get Ubuntu to boot?

Its highly unlikely that Ubuntu would interfere with the Windows XP
installation.  I have never heard of that happening before.