[Question #78957]: ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty fail to ping LAN just after install

New question #78957 on linux in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+question/78957

I just do a network install of ubuntu server 9.04 (Jaunty). The packages are pull from us.archive.ubuntu.com. I follow the installation wizard and installed SSH Server only. Just after I finish installation. I do a ping to my LAN but it fails. Are there any things that I should set up in order to ping my LAN?