Re: [Question #79047]: Downloaded UBUNTU 9.0 desktop from Rochester. First time it worked. Now it will not make bootable DVD-R or DVD+R. CD will boot to Linux Prompt but no GUI. Tried downloading from Georgia (Mozilla) but when I try to create DVD it still defaults to Nero Essentials 7.0. Has my Nero gone corrupt after my first UBUBTU DVD burn?

actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
An ISO will not corrupt your Nero settings.

If you want to burn an ISO, right click the ISO and select open with
then point it to nero.exe

It will then burn. Ensure you burn as slowly as you can (8x is ok, 4x if
the media will allow) and be sure to MD5 check the ISO file to ensure
what you are burning is a full and correct file.

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/dvd/current/jaunty-dvd-i386.iso
MD5Sum: 87babeda6724c3ea583534b53a9255c5

I believe the MD5 sum is right, if you create a hash of the file and
websearch it you can use that to check the file too.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM