[Question #79057]: Automatic line break, splitting decimal and number

New question #79057 on openoffice.org in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+question/79057

My issue is very simple. When I type a number with a decimal, e.g., .0347, OpenOffice separates the "." from the "347" when at the end of a line, and puts the "347" on the next line. How do I keep them together? It works if I enter "0" before the decimal, but this bothers me something awful; no I don't want to enter a leading 0.