[Question #79075]: Ubunto 9.04 sound problem

When my compaq was running on ubunto 8.04, the sound worked perfectly fine, but as soon as I updated to 9.04 the sound stopped, I've checked everything and tried all I can but with no avail. I checked and the terminal says my sound card cannot be read, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the sound card. I'm not sure what to do now, help is appreciated. Thanks.

(I'm not very good with computers and such but sometimes I try.)