[Question #79078]: Speeding up Ubuntu

ok its one of two things or just both.

applications (or anything done on this computer) seem a bit slow

Firefox is definitely slow.. is there a way to fix this problem?

I posted a question earlier but I recieved nothing that could help me. I was asked for my specs and I posted them a little too late, I guess. I'll repost them here, let me know if there is anything I can do because Ubuntu is acting ridiculously slow in response time