Re: [Question #79043]: Unable to logout as missing panels unresolved - also no access to email. Wonderful!

mikb is still having a problem:
Following brief reboot, last night (used PC's off button, which provoked
selectable logout options dialog - panels still invisible) a single
panel appeared on the top edge of the screen.

This had combined both original top panel and bottom panel items in a
non-expanded form.

Expanded this successfully (top), used briefly and retired.

First thing this morning I still have the top panel, but now minus the
previously integrated elements from the bottom panel.

This appears rather buggy behaviour.  I had sought combination of 'top'
and 'bottom' panels when moving the sole remaining panel down (see
original report), when it vanished.

Reappearing combined, following reboot, at top position is not selected
behaviour and the subsequent remodification likewise.

Thank you for suggested default reset suggestion.

I am quite an experienced user, although fairly new to the linux
environment.  Consequently I would appreciate pointers to DEFINE panels
other than the obvious right click/properties dialog (when visible, of
course!)

Regards,

Michael