Re: [Question #79096]: File browser is not opening for Ubuntu 8.10

Musonda Chisha gave more information on the question:
I installed Ubuntu 7.10 from a CD. I did not partition the hard drive. I used the whole hard drive for the installation.
Secondly, Sony VAIO has a recovery software. I do not know how this will work on Ubuntu. I do have a back up of the of the original Sony VAIO factory state.