Re: [Question #8753]: Really Wrong Screen Resolution

jordanlund posted a new comment:
I will freely admit to being biased since my first Linux distribution
was Slackware back in late 1993/early 1994. But I did get Ubuntu up and
running on a PlayStation 3 just for kicks and that included re-setting
the screen resolution even though the default resolution was so large on
my HDTV I couldn't see the entire screen and had to use a lot of
controls by "touch" so to speak.

Think of a pilot flying by instruments alone, that kind of thing. It's
not THAT hard if you are willing to learn a new operating system and
have some clue as to how a command line works. The "IT Manager" above
most likely first started using computers with Windows 98 (if that!).