[Question #79137]: Internet connection drops

just installed ubuntu on older system ( 550 pentium). Everything is working Ok but the internet connection will switch to offline by it self. I noticed that the indicator light on my switch for the cable is flashing very fast. I can connect & get the home page then drops & switches. If I unplug & replug it will connect again then drop. I use this computor as a jukebox for the garage.