Re: [Question #4835]: Broadcom Wireless Driver Not Working After Upgrade.

codeslinger posted a new comment:
Note:  Before you can install the driver make sure that in
System/Administration/Software Sources

make sure that the "Proprietary drivers for devices (restricted)"  is
enabled

----------------

I had a similar problem.  and simply reinstalling the driver did not work for me.
what I had to do was to completely uninstall the driver.  and then install the driver.
and that worked.

run synaptic
System/Administration/Synaptic Package Manager
enter ~your~ password

search for "Broadcom"
look for anything that says something like "B43 fwcutter"
there are at least two versions of this.

For any B43 that is installed right click and select
"Mark for Complete Removal"

Apply

you are done with synaptic

Now
System/Administration/Hardware Drivers
Select the "Broadcom B43......"
and click the Enable checkbox.

You will then be prompted to install the driver.

After that it should work.
at least it did for me on a toshiba laptop with a pcmcia dynex/broadcom card