[Question #79191]: Desktop moves simply by click and drag!

New question #79191 on Ubuntu:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/79191

Binary package hint: gnome

By accident/human error, I accidentally clicked and dragged the desktop into 'my videos' folder!
No matter what I do I cannot drag it back. Upon reboot, any deletable files on the desktop screen are permanently deleted. (Please Help!)

Clicking and redragging it to Home/User does not work. Moving the file by Sudo/Sudo Nautilus doesn't work either,
What do I do!

~Caleb

Ubuntu 9.04 , Gnome 2.26.2, HP D330 DT Bussiness Desktop.