Re: [Question #79192]: alioth.debian.org uses an invalid security certificate

Question #79192 on ca-certificates in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ca-certificates/+question/79192

actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
Then I'd log a bug with the ca-certificates as well as firefox. I do not
have ca-certificates package on my Windows system as it is running
Windows, It is therefore more likely a firefox bug, but if the ca-
certificate team add it to their collection then this will fix it too so
I'd hit both.

You will rarely find a stock install of any OS fits everyones needs so
the app allows you to add your own exceptions for safe websites even if
they are not sanctioned as safe to the masses. A list of every safe and
unsafe site would be unfeasible.

You have a point about the blocking of debian sites being weird but you
are free to modify the config to allow it. I've personally not seen this
before but if you see it as an issue, then make it known and it will
hopefully be evaluated. If it is deemed ok then a change will take
place. If not then it will be disgarded.