Re: [Question #3199]: How to set environmental variable "PATH" permanantly?

Ryan Kavanagh posted a new comment:
On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 01:09:26PM -0000, George Fragos wrote:
> George Fragos posted a new comment:
> Matsobane: If Gnome is your desktop, enter "sudo gedit ~/.bashrc" in
> terminal followed by your password.

Hi there,
1) Last I heard, you shouldn't use 'sudo' with X apps, use gksudo or kdesudo
with X apps instead, this prevents error messages of the type:
"** WARNING **: Unable to lock ICE authority file: /home/shane/.ICEauthority"
2) You don't need to be root / use sudo to edit ~/.bashrc

Cheers,
--
|_)|_/  Ryan Kavanagh             |  Gnupg key