Re: [Question #78863]: Help please. What ever i'm trying to download, it won't let me, it gives me this (E: /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-image-2.6.24-22-lpia_2.6.24-22.45netbook9_lpia.deb: files list file for package `libxcb-shape0' is missing final newline) Is there anything that can help me and fix this please, thanks

Mark Rijckenberg proposed the following answer:
Hi,

First please make sure to close all open programs, including all package
managers like Synaptic, Add/remove programs, etc ...

Then please try this procedure:

Step 1: Open Terminal from "Applications->Accessories->
Terminal"

Step 2: Run the following commands (copy-paste each line below to the
Terminal then hit <enter> after each line)

sudo aptitude clean
sudo aptitude autoclean
cd /var/lib/dpkg/info
sudo rm libxcb-shape0.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get --reinstall install libxcb-shape0
sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/*
sudo mkdir /var/lib/apt/lists/partial
sudo dpkg --clear-avail
sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo aptitude install -f
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude dist-upgrade

Step 3: Please post results (copy/paste terminal output from each
command) on this thread

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Mark