Re: [Question #79139]: South African localization. I have a point where I need a comma.

Tom proposed the following answer:
Ok, just to clarify

System - Administration - Language Support

is set to "English (South African)" and also in OpenOffice

Tools - Options - Language Settings - Languages

is also set to "English (South African)"?  With both these set right it
really should be behaving itself.  I think this is really weird.  I have
tried it myself and even tried formatting individual cells using a
right-click which allowed me to set a different language inside
individual cells.  When i edited the currency's "." to a "," it messed
things up.  There is an option for a special character which i forgot to
try :(  I think this is something to ask the translators about and see
if they can get it fixed although that route is likely to take a while
but at least it would be a permanent fix and helps other people too.
The weirdest thing about this is that Mark Shuttleworth is/was South
African so i'm amazed this hasn't been noticed before! Lol

Apols and regards from
Tom :)