[Question #79274]: Very noisy fan in hp dv4 lap top with ubuntu 9.04

I have a brand new hp dv4-1124 lap top. First thing after opening the box, I installed ubuntu 9.04. Almost everything works out of the box. But the noisy fan is driving me absolutely crazy. It runs at full speed for 10 seconds, slows down for 30 seconds, then up again...

I have tried acpi, mbmon, lm-sensons without success. Does anyone know how to control the fan speed or the temperatures at which it starts to work faster?

I would be really thankful to the person(s) who help me out of this!!!