[Question #79300]: I'm running v8.10 an upgraded to v9.04 online, it wont boot up says uuid doesn't exist

When I restarted the computer after doing upgrade, it runs the logo screen an then stops saying that the uuid doesn't exist also something about Busybox an at the end initramfs...amd that's where i'm stuck!
I have data an emails that I possibly cant lose, is there anyway of going back to v8.10 or getting a uuid that does exist because it looks like it lost the drivers, I need serious help, I can't do any work!
WhaT i've done now, just to get to the site is stick the disc in an run Ubuntu without affecting my computer.
Or can someone help me back up all my stuff while i'm on this spook program???
Urgent assistance needed......