[Question #79310]: Very poor network performance with Firefox 3

Question #79310 on firefox-3.0 in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+question/79310

    Project: Ubuntu => firefox-3.0 in ubuntu

Description changed to:
When running Firefox often it takes a very long time to load a page.
Occasionally up to 15 minutes.  Opening the same page in Opera or Galeon
goes very fast (even while Firefox is still waiting).

I run internet speed test (speedtest.net) on FIrefox and get 2.34 Mb/s
down and 0.51 Mb/s up.  If I run it on Galeon I get 22.1 Mb/s down and
11.7 Mb/s down.

I submitted a bug about this https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/401462 but
it was marked invalid.

Ubuntu Linux 9.04 64amd

Architecture: amd64
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
Package: firefox-3.0 3.0.13+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.04.1
ProcEnviron:
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: firefox-3.0