Re: [Question #79311]: Video an mp3 are not working

Larry Jordan proposed the following answer:
     I know the problem with mp3 music files comes down to codecs.  The can be downloaded for Ubuntu 9.04 and mp3 will work fine.  I suggest going through the menu bar "System->Administration->Synaptic Package Manager" and putting "mp3" into the "Quick search" box.  You'll need "lame" and can select anything else you want to use to work with mp3 files.  Do the same for other formats and see if they come up; some might not, but I can't be sure.
    After the upgrades, you should be fine.  Check back with us and let us know if this solves the problem or if you need more help.