ubuntugis team mailing list archive

Two weeks to get QGIS into the next Ubuntu 9.04 release

I've been checking schedules for getting packages into the next release of Ubuntu.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyReleaseSchedule

Ubuntu 9.04 is important as I'm expecting to use it as the basis for the FOSS4G Live DVD.

The key package I'd like to see moved into Ubuntu, (mainly because it seems so achievable) is QGIS 1.0 which was recently released.

We have missed the Debian Import Freeze (25 Dec 2008), but still have two weeks till the Ubuntu Feature Freeze (19 Feb 2009).

Is anyone with experience bundling qGIS available to help get qGIS back into the Ubuntu baseline?
Ruben? Jurgen? Cavallini?

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect