ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

[Blueprint ubuntu-gnome-website-look+feel] Ubuntu GNOME Website Look and Feel

Blueprint changed by Alfredo Hernández:

Whiteboard changed:
  [Niels Vermaut] "As ideas go, I would like to keep the website as clean
  and simple as possible. I could add in fancy effects like Parallax
  Scrolling, but I don't see the added value for that. I also would advice
  against sliders, and just use a small animated header with Animate.css.

  As far as Brand consistency goes, you guys need to fill me in :). I'm
  also always wanting to listen to new ideas!

  Is there a need for a custom Wiki, or are we going to use the Ubuntu
  Main one? And is there a need for a knowledge base of some sort? Because
  I also could look into something like that!

  The draft I made is available at 188.226.254.37"
+
  [aldomann] Sorry Neils, I had a very basic mockup and our great Satyajit came up with this thing: http://cl.ly/image/031I1y2o1r0D/o
  As you can see, it keeps simplicity as its main feature whilst showing a modern design.

  We shall discuss what navigation links we need to include in the web
  (Blog, community, etc.) but this design should help.

  [Niels Vermaut] "That design does look very well, and If I get the go signal from one of you guys, I could start working on it tomorrow. The only thing I would change is I would put the latest news article under the download button. Anyone having a problem with that, or having another suggestion, I'm all ears."
+
+ [aldomann] Let's wait for the Communications team folks to hear their opinions on the website structure.

--
Ubuntu GNOME Website Look and Feel
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec/ubuntu-gnome-website-look+feel