ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

Re: Dark Themes by default in Ubuntu GNOME

First of all, sorry for taking sooo long to reply.

I get your point and personally like (and use) dark themes, but as we have
discussed cycle to cycle, our main purpose is to provide a pure GNOME
experience and that includes the GTK theme.

On the bright side, we decided for the last (current, actually: utopic)
cycle to include a few preinstalled themes (and icon themes as well) if
they were well maintained and available via the official Ubuntu repos. For
now, these criteria have only included Numix GTK theme, but we are always
open to include new themes.

Cheers.