ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Xubuntu Documentation

Hello,

Today I was reading the Xubuntu documentation on  http://docs.xubuntu.org/1310/ .

It is really professional and good looking. I think we should take the experience from the Xubuntu documentation team and organize/change many things in our documentation in the Howto section. We have good ideas about the Basic and Advanced Howto or about the Terminal tutorials and we have to enlarge our tutorials. I don't say that we have to copy text from Xubuntu, but we can write more articles for the desktop (for easy migrating from Windows to Ubuntu GNOME): using workspaces, using Nautilus, navigation in files and directories, etc. We have to add more information about the default applications in Ubuntu GNOME: graphics, internet, media, office, system (with basic tutorials for how to use them). It is very important to add some networking tutorials.

What I want is to create such professional Howtos for our distribution. I know we are a young team and this is only the beginning, but we have to point our tasks and go to chase them. I have an idea how our Howto pages in the Wiki have to look like.

We have to discuss these things in IRC or on Google Hangout.

Follow ups