ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

[Blueprint ubuntugnome-howtos] HOWTOs for Ubuntu GNOME

Blueprint changed by James Vorderbruggen:

Whiteboard changed:
  [inivanoff1, 14.12.2013] For all doc-wiki team members I think this is
  the task with highest priority to do. As I mentioned to Ali in Facebook,
  until April 2014 we have to complete a normally large HowTos section
  with enough tutorials for novice and advanced users. I am going to write
  a message to the mailing list with some new ideas and I will contact
  James in order to organize our work, create some new tutorials and
  update the information on the Wiki page.

  [amjjawad] Special thanks to everyone who worked so hard on the HOWTOs -
  impressive work :D

  [jamesvorder] It would appear that everything on the list is complete!
  That means our next step is to add to the Work Items, and do those too.
  There's enough on the page already to satisfy most needs, but it
  certainly could be more inclusive :)

  [amjjawad] Please confirm if there is anything else that needs to be
  added?

  [inivanoff1, 03.01.2014] James has added a work item for networking
  tutorial and I think this is very important. We talk about networking
  through the GUI, because every new user has to know how to setup network
  connection in his or her first steps to Ubuntu GNOME.

  [amjjawad] Okay then, no worries. Once you confirm the work is 100% done
  on the HOWTOs, please let me know (update this blueprint - whiteboard)
  and I shall take care of the rest. Many thanks and keep it up :)

  [j0lliyo, 06.01.2013] What kind of networking? Wifi? Cabled network
  should work just plugging in the cable - do we want a howto showing how
  to set up static IP adresses and the likes?

  [jamesvorder] Check out what's been done so far on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/HowTo/AdvancedHowTo#Networking  That was about all that I think we planned on doing.
  Of course, if there's something about static IPs etc.  that's specific to only Ubuntu GNOME, it would have a place on our wiki.  I don't think there is though...

  [amjjawad] Great job, as always :) are we done from everything now?
  please confirm :)
+
+ [jamesvorder] Looks done to me.  Thanks for the final edits Ali!  We've really made something worth being proud of here guys :)
+ +1

--
HOWTOs for Ubuntu GNOME
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec/ubuntugnome-howtos