ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Welcome our new Artwork Team members!

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 1:34 AM, Alfredo Hernández <
aldomann.designs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Maybe we should add a link to 'Getting Involved' on all our Launchpad.net
> teams' info. As some people may want to get involved without knowing
> there's a wiki.

Getting Involved is the 3rd tab on the Ubuntu GNOME Wiki Area and it is
called "Join". I am sure it is 100% clear and visible if you ask me :D

And, it is the 5th tab on our Website:
http://ubuntugnome.org/getting-involved/

Through Getting Involved Page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved
Everyone can find our sub-teams easily:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/SubTeams

And, there is a YouTube too:
http://youtu.be/kG2Vum24iQc

It is the other way around if you ask me. I mean, people will come to know
there is actually some sub-teams for Ubuntu GNOME through and via the Wiki
page (Getting Involved).

This is the right path and the correct procedure.

However, if you still think after my above explanation that we should add
that to each and every sub-team, then I don't really mind. Just let me know
and I will get this done in 60 seconds ;)

Thanks!

> On 17 January 2014 22:32, Alfredo Hernández <aldomann.designs@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> My fault, I didn't inform them as I should have.
>>
>> Regards.
>>

>> On 17 January 2014 20:18, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Don't you guys think we have forgotten something 'very' important before
>>> jumping into real action? ;)
>>>
>>> First of all, new contributors/members need to go through this:
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved
>>>
>>> This is a MUST.
>>>
>>> Second of all, after following all the steps on the above Wiki, new
>>> contributors need to send an introduction emails to the list :)
>>> It is nice and required step to do :) and it is mentioned on the list.
>>>
>>> While I do appreciate and understand everyone is trying to help, let's
>>> please make sure to follow the right procedure. Simply, everyone who would
>>> like to join Ubuntu GNOME and be official member 'must' go through:
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved
>>>
>>> Also, kindly be informed that 'before' creating any 'new' Wiki Page for
>>> Ubuntu GNOME, Ubuntu Wiki and Docs Team 'must' be informed:
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/DocumentationTeam
>>>
>>> The above WIki Page explains why we should be informed before anyone
>>> create any page.
>>>
>>> See? that is why I am asking to go first through the Wiki Pages before
>>> starting anything ;)
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>>> Best Regards,
>>> amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
>>> Areas of Involvement<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>
>>> My Projects <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Projects>