ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

[Blueprint doc-wiki-roadmap] Documentation & Wiki Team Roadmap for Trusty

Blueprint changed by amjjawad:

Whiteboard changed:
  [amjjawad - Roadmap Proposal]

  0- To Keep and eye and make sure to ALWAYS Update:
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/OneStopPage AND
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/WikiMap whenever needed - THIS IS
  VERY IMPORTANT because these two pages are the very main focus on Wiki &
  Docs Team

  1- TO-DO for this cycle (Trusty Tahr):
  a- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec/ubuntugnome-howtos

  b - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec
  /terminal-tutorial

  c- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec
  /installing-ubuntugnome-wiki-page

  d- Make sure the Wiki Area is up-to-date as always:
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/OneStopPage#Ubuntu_GNOME_Wiki_Map
  and make sure the Wiki Map of Ubuntu GNOME is always updated whenever
  new page is added.

  2- We need to Recruit More Contributors.

  3- I need at least 'two' members to step in for the position of Ubuntu GNOME Wiki and Docs Administrators to handle these tasks:
  a- cover my absence for whatever reason.
  b- recruit more contributors.
  c- continue to work on the Wiki Area and maintain it.
  d- Launchpad administration work: accept members, etc.

  In short, each sub-team needs a backup to cover the absence of the Team
  Leader of that team + to help him in order not to burn out. This
  eventually will help to develop a great healthy and friendly environment
  based on 'Team Work' which is our highest priority and forever target.

  4- Discuss (in a meeting OR on the mailing list) all the above + other
  'possible' suggestion as far as the time allows.

  Note: I strongly and highly recommend a Google+ Hangout Session which
  can be also recorded so everyone can watch and learn more.

  - - - - - - -

  These are my suggestions for the roadmap of Ubuntu GNOME Documentation
  Team :)

  +1 = Agree
  0 = don't know/not sure/don't want to vote
  -1 = Disagree

  Feel Free to Edit the Whiteboard with any comment in mind :)

  Thank you!

  [jamesvorder] +1

  [inivanoff1, 23.12.2013] +1

  [jamesvorder] Another thing that has a place in our roadmap is
  establishing a presence on help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuGNOME  This
  is something of a big deal because it changes the structure of our wikis
  entirely.  Since this is what protocol seems to be for Ubuntu flavors,
  we should probably follow suit.

  [kashkarimi] +1 definitely agree about hangout session

  +1 = Agree
  0 = don't know/not sure/don't want to vote
  -1 = Disagree

  [amjjawad] [RE: jamesvorder] For Trusty Cycle, no further actions to be
  done on our Wiki Area except what we have agreed on - please see the
  Work Items - and if we are talking about: https://lists.launchpad.net
  /ubuntugnome-wiki-docs/msg00122.html then I shall take care of this and
  reach to a mutual agreement. If it is a must to follow that email, all
  what should we do is moving the HOWTO section ONLY, everything else
  shall remain. WE have NO enough manpower to maintain two Wiki Areas for
  the time being. I don't want my team to be burned out. We have another 6
  months starting from the next cycle in May 2014 - October 2014 to talk
  about this. Thank you :)
+
+ [amjjawad] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-
+ brainstorming/+spec/accessibility-wiki has been approved which means it
+ is part of Trusty Roadmap for the Wiki Team :)

--
Documentation & Wiki Team Roadmap for Trusty
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec/doc-wiki-roadmap