ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

[Important] Future Plans of Ubuntu GNOME Next Cycle

Dear all,

Please note that I have started this blueprint and and assigned it to
Ubuntu GNOME Brainstorming Team and myself as one of the important task
that we should start looking into it from now IMHO:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec/future-plans-next-cycle

Everything is explained on this page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/FuturePlans

The most important one that we should really look into it is this section:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/FuturePlans#Mistakes_We_Have_Done

The mistakes we have done on Trusty Tahr Cycle.

This is to make sure we won't fall into the same trap yet again with the
next cycle.

ANYTHING related to any future feature for the next cycle ... PLEASE forget
this right now.

We shall have a month (30 days) to talk about that.

Yes, obviously as a Brainstormer and Leader, I must start from now to think
carefully about the next release while making sure Ubuntu GNOME 14.04 LTS
will be solid as rock. It is a huge burden so I hope you will help me with.

All what I need is to list the mistakes that you think we have done and
that we should avoid with the next cycle.

Also, feel free to mention any feedback or thought regarding THIS CYCLE.
Please DO NOT waste time right now to think about the next one.

Why I'm doing this now?
Trust me, once we start the new cycle, we shall forget almost everything
related to Trusty Cycle and I don't want that.

I'm not planning to repeat the same mistakes we have had :)

Thank you for your help and understanding!

--
Best Regards,
*Remember: *"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

Ubuntu GNOME OneStopPage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/OneStopPage>
Join Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved>
Test Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Testing>
Contact Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/ContactUs>