ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

[Blueprint wiki-release-conflict] The Release Conflict and its Effect on the Wiki Area

Blueprint changed by James Vorderbruggen:

Whiteboard changed:
  [inivanoff1] I had a thought about this yesterday. We have to do like the other distros' technical writers have done. We have to add 2 sections – one for choosing and downloading the old, but still supported 13.10 (and any related useful information about this release), and one for choosing and downloading the new 14.04 LTS release (which will be the recommended version for download, because it is the newest release and along with this it is an LTS release, which guarantees stability and long support).

  [amjjawad] that is the one simple and easy way to do that. There are
  other ways but let's wait until we release 14.04 LTS and see what can be
  done. We must do a full review on all our pages - Ubuntu GNOME Wiki Map
  that I have created will help big time to reduce the time to find all
  the pages - and see which Wiki/Doc needs to be updated for 14.04 LTS if
  any.

  13.10 will be expired in July 2014 and the 14.10 will be released in
  October 2014 while 14.04 LTS will be supported for 3 years.

  Let's see ... I shall keep this blueprint open to discuss that with the
  new cycle :)

  Thank you!
+
+ [jamesvorder]  We also need to consider the fact that there will be up
+ to 4 supported releases at once (i.e. 14.04, 15.04, 15.10, 16.04.)  This
+ could influence the way we tackle this issue, because, for instance, I'm
+ sure we don't want a download page that's that big.  (Unless that's OK)
+

--
The Release Conflict and its Effect on the Wiki Area
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec/wiki-release-conflict