ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Re: [Guide] Learn About Ubuntu GNOME Community (AKA Ubuntu GNOME 101)

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 5:47 PM, Ali/amjjawad <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi everyone,

Hello again,

> I have just replied two emails on the mailing list that have been sent the
> incorrect way as senders didn't actually read:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/ContactUs#Mailing_List
>

> Long story short, 4 years ago, I have been through the exact same
> situation when I first decided to join a FOSS Community and that was
> Lubuntu. Before, I was on the Ubuntu Forums where I learned a lot.
>
> I understand as a new comer to any community (specifically a FOSS one),
> one will have hard time finding his/her way through. I do totally
> understand that because I can't yet forget what happened with me 4-5 years
> ago.
>
> That is not the end of the world. For the above reason, there is something
> called Wiki Page. Luckily, Ubuntu as a vast community have tons of these
> Wiki Pages. Even better, you don't need to read that all. You just need to
> read this if you would like to learn/understand more about Ubuntu GNOME
> Community:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Community
>
> If you need further details, here is a list of all the pages that Ubuntu
> GNOME has:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/OneStopPage
>
> Alternatively, you can always seek/ask for help:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/ContactUs
>
> Done :)
>
> That is your Ubuntu GNOME 101 Guide :)
>
> If you are 'new' to this community/project, this is your first step.
>
> Thank you!
>
> P.S.
> @Ubuntu GNOME HR Team
>
> We need to address this issue on tomorrow's meeting :)
> We need to create something like a welcome message that new comers to our
> community should read. Time has proved that only very few people actually
> 'read' our Wiki Pages despite the fact we always ask them to read that.

I think I have done it already ;)

http://ubuntugnome.org/learn-about-ubuntu-gnome-community/

@Ubuntu GNOME Wiki Team
Do we need to convert that website post to a wiki page? or that one is more
than enough for now?

http://ubuntugnome.org/learn-about-ubuntu-gnome-community/

Thank you!

P.S.
I hope there will be no further complains for 6 months :P hehe

--
Best Regards,
*Remember: *"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

Ubuntu GNOME OneStopPage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/OneStopPage>
Join Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved>
Test Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Testing>
Contact Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/ContactUs>