ubuntukylin-members team mailing list archive

[Blueprint client-1305-more-render-types-for-dash] Provide more render types for Dash lens

Blueprint changed by Michał Sawicz:

Whiteboard changed:
  Since the goal of Dash is acting as a fast information searching entry,
  all kinds of  information should be allowed to display on the lens.
  Different information have different show modes. It would make the dash
  more beautiful and more interesting if we provide more render types than
  just listing the searched results.

       According to the source codes, libunity is not used to implement
  Unity Shell but provide a client for the purpose deeply integrated with
  Unity Shell. While libunity defines enum types of Dash renders,  actual
  renders are implemented by Unity in Dash directory.

      Items to be discussed:
      - necessity
      - overview of current design of  dash renders
      - steps to write a common dash render for lens
      - what shoulde we do when extending current design of dash to provide more functions, such as No.1~No.5 in summary
      - new design which you think could work
-     - other open ideas about the Dash UI design
+     - other open ideas about the Dash UI design
+
+ Saviq [May 16th]:
+ Yes, there's going to be more renderers in Unity 8, and it's going to be possible to provide custom ones. Not sure about everything you've written, as it seems pretty mouse-oriented, and we have to think about touch, but some of those should be possible.
+ Flash is a no-no, though.
+ Videos will be available for preview in... previews... Filters are already flexible (each lens can define them) and will be so even more (each scope will be able to define them).
+ Hope that clears things up.

--
Provide more render types for Dash lens
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/unity/+spec/client-1305-more-render-types-for-dash