Re: Ubuntu One and file security?

Georg Adelmann wrote:
Hello all,

first of all thanks for letting me participate in this ubuntu one experience - looking forward to the developments :-)

I would be interested in the file encryption question as well as the type of documents I would upload largely depends on the answer to this question (e.g. would I have to only upload encrypted file containers for them to be 'save' or are they encrypted and if how and for each user or for the whole bunch of users together).

Hi Georg,

Currently, data is encrypted during transport and password protected on the server. We are working on adding a second layer of encryption so that all data is stored encrypted as well, in case someone breaks in. If you require your data to be stored encrypted on our server, encrypting it yourself before putting it in the Ubuntu One folder is the only option for now.

--
- eric casteleijn
http://www.canonical.com