Re: problem adding a computer to my account

Hello Michael,

Michel Leunen wrote 08.07.2009 at 17:47:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed the UbuntuOne client but I can't add my computer to my account.
> When I launch the client, it just hangs. Here is what shows up in a
> There was some unknown login error '(7, "couldn't connect to host")'
>
> Note that I'm connected to the Internet with a proxy. This proxy is
> declared in Synaptic and the environment variable $http_proxy which is
> exported contains the proxy address.

I think you stumbled over a similar problem as I did.

You may want to read the following:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client/+bug/376760
https://bugs.launchpad.net/python/+bug/94130
http://bugs.python.org/issue1424152

The patch that might help mentioned by Senthil from
Calcutta is found here:
http://bugs.python.org/file11332/issue1424152-py26.diff

I just returned from the office to home where I don't need
a proxy and here the ubuntuone-client works flawlessly.
I will try the mentioned patch myself as soon as I get to it.

Regards, Peter
--
Peter Funk, ✉Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee
office: ArtCom GmbH, ✉Haferwende 2, D-28357 Bremen, Germany