Re: Instruction manual

I have to agree. I'd love to report problems I find, but I'm not sure what the expected behavior of Ubuntu 1 is.

Is it supposed to mirror the contents of ~/Ubuntnu One/My Files? By that I mean if I delete something locally, should it be deleted in the cloud?

It would also be good to document how U1 uses this directory. I didn't realize that it *wrote* into the directory. Originally I moved my .thunderbird directory and created a symlink so I could continue to use Thunderbird. The directories/files created by U1 confused Thunderbird.

Setting these types of expectations would be a good thing. I've seen nothing like this in the mailing list or Wiki.

(By the way, as soon as this is stable I plan to upgrade to the 10GB plan - if nothing else as a way to support Ubuntu).

Nick Davies wrote:
Hi, can anyone help me please?

I seem to have installed the app on my laptop and Desktop ok but I've
made costly mistakes somewhere; After working on a doc and saving it. it
has resorted to the former state as on my other pc and I've lost all my
work. Evidently my intuition is inadequate to operate ubuntu one And i
need some guidance.