Re: Notes?

Hi!

On 09/16/2009 09:35 PM, S. B. Malevich wrote:
> I noticed a "Notes" tab on the web UI. Tried to create a "note" and
> nothing happened...
> I'm just curious, what is this new feature?

It goes along with syncing of Tomboy notes - as you noticed it still has
a couple of bugs that are preventing the notes from being created.

If you look at the version of Tomboy that is in Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic), go
to preferences and the Synchronization tab, you will see that you will
be able to sync your Tomboy notes to your Ubuntu One account. You will
also be able to view and edit the notes via the website. It's
oh-so-close to working now, but needs a couple more fixes.

On the backend, the Tomboy notes are stored in couchdb, and when we flip
the switch on Ubuntu One social storage (syncing to your desktopcouch),
there will be a notes database along with the Firefox bookmarks and
contacts databases. I hope people will find interesting ways to remix
this tech.

--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/