Re: Drag-and-drop from Ubuntu One folder

I'm with popey on this one.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Pope <alan@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Andrew Yeomans <ajv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ubuntuone-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Ubuntuone-users] Drag-and-drop from Ubuntu One folder
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 17:51:26 +0100

Hi,

2009/9/25 Andrew Yeomans <ajv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Maybe I'm in a minority, but my expectation is that the Ubuntu One folder
> should act in a similar way to a mounted drive.
>
> By this I mean that performing a drag-and-drop operation from or to another
> "normal" file system folder would result in a COPY of the file, rather than
> a MOVE of the file.

That's not how I'd like it. It's a folder on my system so it should
act just like a folder. Dragging to it moves from local disk, copies
from remote disk. Ubuntu One isn't like an sshfs mounted chunk of
space, it's just a folder which happens to have some magic that syncs
it to the cloud.

> And this would also prevent complaints of "where's my file gone?"

Why would your file "go" anywhere other than where you put it?

Cheers,
Al.