Re: Do you have a ubuntu-one manual

On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 17:37 -0400, Tony Willoughby wrote:
> This is not the first request for some user documentation for Ubuntuone.
>   I made a request weeks ago that generated no responses.
>
> I'm still unclear exactly how this is supposed to work.  Is the cloud
> repository supposed to mirror what's in my ~/Ubuntu\ One directory?
> This point is confusing because sometimes items I delete locally are
> deleted from the web site, sometimes they are not.  This could be a bug,
> or intended behavior.  Without documentation, how can we tell?
>
> Could I respectfully suggest that, if there is no user documentation,
> that the project provide some?  I'm a paying customer (for a Beta
> quality product) - I don't think I'm asking too much.

no, it's not asking too much, in fact, AFAIK, user manual is being
written, and should be ready for the Karmic final date, so just be a bit
patient, please

As for the items you delete not being deleted on the server, that's
indeed a bug, it is supposed to sync your ~/Ubuntu One dir with the
files on your account, so if it's not, please file a bug