Re: Bookmarks

Hi Bo!

On 10/21/2009 03:36 PM, Bo Rosén wrote:
> Is there any way I can store my bookmarks for Firefox on UbuntuOne in
> such a way they are shared and used between computers?
>
> I suspect not, but it's something that would be fairly useful.

We've begun work on exactly this feature. In Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic) you
can install a package named 'bindwood', which is a Firefox plugin that
copies your Firefox bookmarks into something called Ubuntu One
structured or social storage, also known as Desktop CouchDB. You can
think of this as a technology preview to demonstrate how various
applications can integration with Ubuntu One.

That Desktop CouchDB will allow syncing of contacts from Evolution and
bookmarks from Firefox either peer-to-peer with your other machines
(look at the pairing tool in desktopcouch-tools package) or with your
Ubuntu One account in the cloud.

We've not yet built a web UI to display the bookmarks you've synced with
your Ubuntu One account, but it's under consideration for Ubuntu 10.04
(Lucid), along with configuring bookmark sync by default.

I believe Zac is working on one last bug in bindwood related to Live
Bookmarks in Firefox, but once Ubuntu 9.10 is released please do try
this feature out and let us know what you think :)
--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/