Re: ubuntuone client default folder

On 11/02/2009 12:48 PM, marco cammarata wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> sorry for having started such long discussion.

No need to apologize :) I don't mind the discussion at all, I'm glad to
see it happening. I just wanted to provide a clear response, I worry
sometimes that things get discussed a lot but then don't have a clear
decision at the end.

> I probably used the wrong word ("policy") in my first mail; I should
> probably have used 'common practice'.
>
> My original suggestion was to let the user choose. No problem in having
> the space as default but why not having a variable that one could choose
> using dpkg-reconfigure ?

Thats a neat suggestion. I suspect we'll learn some more about how to
expose this and other options to users as we do the work on letting
users decide which folder to sync.

> thanks for your nice work !

Thanks :) I know all the developers and beta testers worked hard on it,
and we really appreciate the feedback.
--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/